- Our School
- Key Information
- Parent/Carers and Community
- Home Learning
- Our Classes
- The Hive
Redland Green Partnership
We work very closely with our partner school Redland Green School (RGS) at our secondary site and have developed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which aims to clarify how we will work together for the benefit of all students.
Some students will benefit greatly from a high level of inclusion including spending time learning alongside their mainstream peers. Others will benefit from structured social inclusion opportunities with mainstream peers in the security of their own classrooms. Between these two examples are a range of activities which enhance the learning for both sets of students and the MoU helps us to see how each school is supporting this.
Below are the broad objectives of the partnership.
Achievement, teaching and learning
- Students will access good or outstanding learning at all times and every individual people will achieve their very best
Personal development, behaviour and safety
- All students will be and feel safe at all times in an environment of mutual respect
- Pupils will be supported to ensure appropriate behaviour for learning
Leadership and Management
- School leaders and Governors will work together to ensure all students have access to a high quality education in a positive learning environment
Some students from Claremont currently join RGS classes for ADT lessons and mentor groups which give them valuable communication opportunities and enhances their learning. Students from RGS visit classes at lunchtime to ‘hang out’ with Claremont students and in doing so learn a lot about communicating with disabled people and being accepting of difference. Groups attend assemblies and share work spaces like the Resource Centre too.
Inclusion opportunities are carefully constructed around individual needs but are also encouraged as spontaneous events on a shared campus.